Roxanne Bartlett 503-614-1420
OAKS, TESA, ELPA Online Testing Support (Willamette ESD)
email or call 1-800-970-8372 (toll free)
Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) - Riverside Publishing
Reported scales include verbal, quantitative, nonverbal and composite
Scaled scores are reported along with both age and grade percentiles
- Classroom - Alphabetical list and group summary
- Building summary by grade
- District summary by grade
Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT) - Pearson Education
- Purpose - to assess students' reasoning and problem solving abilities, primarily Talented and Gifted students
- Method - uses universal geometric shapes arranged in colorful patterns and designs to evoke a response that will complete the pattern
- Test characterization - brief instructions and length of testing time, non-cultural content, and 100% nonverbal
The Northwest Regional ESD testing staff provides ability assessment for kindergarten through the 12th grade. The reports provided by these services include scales for national comparison, as well as growth charting. Scoring is available fall, winter, and spring.
Scoring data can be provided to the district in computer-readable form. Records of student test data are available to districts as ASCII (text) files that include the reported test scores as well as information from the demographic page, such as -- name, identification number, grade, level and teacher or test group name. Districts have successfully uploaded test data into spreadsheets, student information systems, and data warehouse applications for further study.
To reduce clerical errors, answer sheets can be preprinted with a student's name, grade, birthdate, test level and identification number. Districts must produce an electronic file with student information in a prespecified format. Call for details at 503-614-1277.
NWRESD has offered testing services to districts across Oregon for more than 20 years.